Happy Cinco de Drinko! There are quite a few events this weekend celebrating Cinco de Mayo, and you shouldn't be ashamed to reach for a beer instead of a margarita! (Never be ashamed of this). Here's a look at Friday festivities and other craft beer happenings around the state this weekend. Don't forget the Kentucky Derby on Saturday!
- Crazy Taco-Mex Food Truck at Half Full Brewery and No Worries Brewing Company: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with beer and Mexican food at Half Full in Stamford or No Worries in Hamden!
- Cinco de Mayo at DuVig Brewing Company: DuVig will release its Czech Pilsner and serve up micheladas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at The Hops Company: THC will have special cider margaritas, deals on tequila shots, and gose beers on tap all night.
- Comedy at Cottrell Brewing Co.: Catch a comedy show at Cottrell, hosted by comedian Brian Bargainier.
- La Garza Baja Beach Bash at Stony Creek Brewery: Stony Creek will celebrate the release of its La Garza Mexicali Lager with street vendors, live music, tacos, games and more!
- Kentucky Derby Party at The Hops Company: Catch the most exciting two minutes in sports at THC. Loaded Bloody Mary's, bottomless cider mimosas, fire pits, games, crazy hat contest, and a pony pint foot race (whatever that means).
- Pose 2 Pints Yoga Class at Two Roads Brewing Co.: $20, an hour-long yoga class, a 15-minute tour, a warm-up taster and a post-class pint! Need more convincing? Check out my review from a recent Poses 2 Pints class.
- Cask Fest at Craft 260: Twenty-plus local breweries will be bringing casks to Craft 260 in Fairfield in a fundraiser festival to benefit Connecticut Fallen Heroes Foundation.
- Stubborn Beauty Beer Dinner at The Beer Collective: The beer dinner features six Stubborn Beauty beers and five courses.
- Mother's Day shopping at Powder Hollow Brewery: Shop some Lularoe for mom, drink some beer for yourself!