TGIF! Check out the craft beer events and happenings taking place around the state this weekend, and get some ideas for ways to treat any beer-loving moms this Sunday for Mother's Day. Cheers!
- Beer Garden 2017 Debut at Two Roads Brewing Company: Two Roads is opening its beer garden and airstream bar for the 2017 season on Friday! The Green Grunion will be on hand so sling burritos and yucca fries for the occasion. Plus, Boothbay Lobster Company will be serving up a raw bar!
- Comix Comedy at Back East Brewing Company: Four hilarious comics, food truck, cash bar!
- Pour at the Shore at Short Beach Park: The people behind the Smoke in the Valley and Freedom Beer festivals are hosting a new craft beer fest and homebrew competition on the beach! It's tented so hopefully it won't be too negatively impacted by this weekend's stormy forecast. Proceeds benefit APK Charities.
- Closer to Free Shred It Event at Stony Creek: Shred sensitive documents for a good cause at a great brewery! Sounds weird but it's a great opportunity!
- Comix Comedy Series at Two Roads: Comedians, beer and snacks!
- Rising Pint Brewfest at Rentschler Field: Rising Pint Brewfest will showcase over 80 craft breweries, many from Connecticut! Proceeds benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation and Our Companions.
- Brews on Bedford at The Palms Night Club: Another craft beer festival! What a Saturday! Sample local and regional craft beer, play some games, eat some food truck grub, and listen to live music!
- Namaste and Drink a Beer at Stony Creek: Yoga returns to Stony Creek! $20 gets you an hour-long, all-levels yoga class and a post-class pint of your choice. Don't forget your mat.
- Summer Kickoff Clam Bake at The Hops Company: It might be a crappy weekend, weather-wise, but THC doesn't care! They're kicking off summer with a good ol' New England clam bake with Clam Bakes of CT and Harpoon.