Happy Friday, friends!
It's the tail end of American Craft Beer Week, so we need to make sure we all spend the weekend properly celebrating. Though Bites 'N' Flights HQ will be moving to its temporary digs and then Jason and I have to be awake before dawn Sunday for the Mystic 10K, I'll be sure to snag a pint or two of some fine local craft beer at some point this weekend.
This weekend also marks my 10-year high school reunion! Go Lions! The party's at Stonebridge which serves one of my favorites, New Belgium's Fat Tire. It was a staple at our engagement party there last summer.
Back to American Craft Beer Week. For those who don't know, it's a week designated each May (since 2006) by the non-profit Brewers Association to celebrates craft breweries across the country. The week highlights the impact that small and independent craft brewers have made on the beer industry. Check out the bucket list I created for the week in 2016.
Without further ado, here's a rundown of ways to celebrate the brewers of Connecticut this weekend!
- Three-Year Anniversary Party at DuVig Brewing Company: Celebrate three years of DuVig with live music, the Caseus Cheese Truck, and the release of the Brew for You community-sourced saison!
- Raw Bar Happy Hour at The Hops Company: Good food, good drinks, not tickets required.
- Gathering at the Bines Beer Festival at Two Roads Brewing Company: Enjoy unlimited 3-oz pours from 50-plus local and regional breweries in Two Roads' Hop Yard. Not a bad way to meet your American Craft Beer Week pledge, plus you get a souvenir glass to take home.
- Harmonies and Hops in Danielson, CT: Taste a bunch of craft beers while listening to live music and munching on food. Sounds good to me.
- Bee Enlightened Can Release and Pig Roast at Half Full Brewery: Bee Enlightened is the third installment of Half Full's Community Sourced Ales Project. They partnered with Red Bee Honey in Weston to produce a Honey Kolsch. To celebrate the new release, Half Full is hosting a pig roast with Hoodoo Brown BBQ.
- Namaste Sunday at Firefly Hollow Brewing Company: Yoga and beer at Firefly Hollow! Bring your own mat.