Three cheers for a three-day weekend! Take a look at what's happening around the Connecticut craft beer scene to fill up your social calendar. And don't forget to take a moment to remember why we observe Memorial Day.
Without further ado, your weekend in beer. We're doing things a little differently this time because there aren't many organized events to list them day by day – it's a weekend to just pop in on your own time, grab a pint and relax!
- Summer Friday raw bar at The Hops Company: Oysters and beer – can't get much better than that.
- Rails to Ales via CT Beer Tours (Saturday): There may still be tickets available to this part-shuttle, part-train ride beer tour of southeastern Connecticut. Call to find out!
- Milford Food & Artisan Festival at Eisenhower Park (Saturday): Not a craft beer event, but a two-day (Saturday and Sunday) food truck festival!
- Bands, Beer & BBQ Festival and Flea Market at The Outer Space/The Ballroom (Saturday): Live music all day, Connecticut breweries featured on 20 taps, flea market and barbecue presented by New Haven's Bull & Swine.
- Nottingham After Dark at the North Haven Fair (Saturday): Once the fair closes, the fun begins. Ice cold Thimble Island beer will flow at this night of music and adult comedy.